Expected temperature: Up to-18 ° Celsius - lower if you are working hard.
Once again, the QUILO was fine tuned. What was still to be imporved on this magic mocassin? The laces!! We tested several options trought the last winter and we choosed a totally new top quality lace string kevlar reinforced and a new and much smoother automatic lock system activate with a tiny metal spring to push the button back quickly in place. A small but great improvement.
All the required materials for its construction were carefully studied for a maximum of comfort, performance and aesthetics.
Sturdy synthetic leather panels on a beautiful matte finish. The internal material (from toe to ankle height) were specifically chosen to eliminate as much moisture as possible, which often causes frostbite, the inner layer is a breathable material that dries quickly. Micro fleece at the top of the boot for great comfort. The LISZT AIR "TOEBOX", a unique design to maximize comfort and keep the toes as far away as possible from the cold surface of the boot.
Still by far the lightest boot in the industry, the QUILO offers an excellent ''cold protection'' index. You will find 200g of insulation Thinsulate 3M ™ as well as a highly efficient Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) thermal wall. Blivet pays special attention to keep the cold transmitted by the cleat's counterplate, but also in the whole outsole without forgetting our 'LISZT AIR TOEBOX'' design with extraordinary volume at the toes. Comfortable to walk with, greater flexibility at the ankle, no compromise in the stiffness of the North Sharp Claw outsole. Vibram ® which provides excellent power transfer when pedaling, an outsole width reminding the one of a summer shoe, with a reduced volume. The QUILO is equipped with two laces that independently and precisely adjust the foot and ankle area for optimal comfort. With a wide tightening strap positioned at the calf and an orverall height of 21cm from the ground, the snow will never reach you.
The QUILO is definitely the best winter cycling boot on the market.
- Top quality lace kevlar reinforced
- Automatic lock system
- Vibram sole® made of special "xs Trek" rubber and Eva insertion with high thermal resistance
- 'LISZT AIR TOEBOX’’ with extra toe volume of 4 x EEEE
- Quick dual-lace lacing system with automatic locking
- Tongue and heel loops for getting them on quickly
- Multilayered, highly heat-resistant removable insole made of 70% wool
- Waterproof synthetic leather and high durability 600 denier polyester exterior
- Wide tightening strap at the calf
- Eyelet for spats
- 360° reflective strips
- Compatible with every type of pedal cleats on the market
- Weight: 1068g. (In size 43, pair)
- Sizes available: EURO 36 to 48